Saturday 31 December 2011

Resolutions for 2012; the short list...

It is customary to start each new year with a resolution to make life even better than the year before.  I have several ...
  • To breathe deeper and more often.  Practice yoga and meditation daily.  I often catch myself holding my breath.  The more oxygen in my blood the quicker I will heal.
  • To take time to appreciate where I am at and not worry so much about where I am going and how I'm going to get there.
  • To move more with purpose.  I will not let fear (of dying, having a stroke or injuring myself) stand in the way. Snowshoes are going on today for the first time this season.
  • To continue eating for my blood type and cook more for me.  Wheat and dairy are not a part of my diet. Gluten Free cake anyone?? Maybe I will try a new recipe each week.  
  • On the same note I should really try and remember to eat.  Sounds ridiculous but I forget - often.
  • To use my giant dosset box to help me to remember to take my pills and vitamins.  Even though I feel like a 90 year old woman when I fill it, I will not let my pride get in the way.  
  • To regularly learn something new.  I am a constant student and love taking courses. I have come to realize that I am just as satisfied learning a new skill as taking a course. (Huge eye opener and it costs much less)  My first project of the year will be to make soap.
  • To read for pleasure again.  Even though it is extremely hard.
  • To continue to expand our small farm, BLACKberry Fields.  I have a FB fan page; you should like it :)
  • To be more forgiving of myself and others.  I have high standards for myself and sometimes that carries unnecessarily to others in my life.
  • To continue to advocate for myself and what is right for me and mine.  I have read the studies and statistics and they do not apply. I am the expert on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment