Thursday 25 August 2011

13

You may recall that I said the other day that I consider myself a pretty good parent AND that I am aware of what's going on in the lives of my children and their friends....then I remembered that I am also raising a teenage girl.  All "good parenting" goes out the window when you have a 13 year old girl.  I think that I am reasonable and open minded; then I open mouth and everything I swore I would never say is on the tip of my tongue.

I hear from other parents and teachers how wonderful she is.  Most of the time  at home she is happy, kind, caring and funny. Then, she is not.  I guess I'm glad she saves it for me.

As for their friends you only really know what your child tells you.  The colour they are painted is based on the information you receive.  I know that I am getting the filtered version (or the perception of her 13 year old brain).  I am surprised at some of the things I hear about what goes on at school.  Then I remember that other parents are probably hearing the same things about my child.


To all Teenage Girls... Hug your Mom.  We are trying so hard to do and say the right things. 
To all the other Mothers of Teenage Girls... I'll help you stay sane if you help me.
To my Mother... I am so sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment