Thursday 28 June 2012

June Highlights

So it isn't a secret to most that I was not looking forward to the month of June.

June tends to be rather busy here and every other household who has school age children.
I have personally been dreading it since about April.
Why schools pack in every possible opportunity into the last four weeks baffles me. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad our children have gotten to experience so many wonderful class trips and extra special days but why not try spreading them out through the year. 
We can fly kites in October.  Visit Ottawa in May.  Make scrapbooks all year long.

But look here it is the end of the month and we all survived.
John knew it was possible and I need to learn to never doubt him.
I will be starting July in spoon deprivation but I am optimistic.
I can now release the breath I have been holding.

Here are our highlights...

  

Building BLACKberry Fields and John Black Carpentry



Amy preforms in the Heritage Ballet Spring Recital



Dana at her first Track and Field Meet in Haliburton



Amy and Brenden receive their brown belts in Karate 


Amy on the low ropes at Pinecrest YMCA camp


Brenden visits our nations capital


Dana visits Settlers Village



Brenden Graduates the DARE program at JDHES



Amy Graduates grade 8 from JDHES



Dana's last day ever at SBES


This family welcomes the summer holidays...

PS if you are not familar with The Spoon Theory click the link above.  It will help you understand what it really feels like to live with an invisible illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment