Monday 18 June 2012

Balance - Stephanie VS The Monster


There is so much I want to do.  There is so much I need to do.
We are building our farm, BLACKberry Fields much quicker than I ever imagined. 
The timing was right and we have to go with it.
I am organizing and reorganizing a household with three very busy children.
The month of June has been absolutely insane.  Maybe thats why I feel like I am struggling so much.
I am trying to help John with his ever growing business, John Black Carpentry
I try but sometimes I'm not very successful or helpful.
When I work hard and complete tasks it gives me a great sense of accomplishment.
My soul and spirit needs that.  My sanity needs that.
After several days of success I can be guaranteed several days of forced rest.
Balance

My monster has its own, very different agenda.

It likes to keep me awake with a constant woosh in my head.
If it doesn't get my attention right away it only gets louder.
It limits the use of my right arm and sometime leg so even small tasks take so much longer.
At times it makes it difficult to read, focus or string a sentence together.
Sometimes I can hear a person talking but I don't comprehend the words or their meaning; as if they are speaking in a different language.
It is a constant dull ache on the left side and sharp stabbing pains the right side of my brain.
Just when I think the monster is at rest is rattles my body with a seizure or quite literally knocks me out for a few hours.
Balance

This week is my one year anniversary of Gamma Knife Surgery.  Yesterday I had another MRI to get some good images of the AVM/Monster.  We are looking to see if the edema has dissipated and at the integrity of the vessels running to and from the AVM.  Regardless of what the images show and the prognosis, I know how I feel.  I'm just looking for the balance.





No comments:

Post a Comment