Sunday 11 March 2012

The Count Down

It's official. 
The count down has begun.
We have waited for months.
Now I wish there was a little more time.
In one week B is going to have his broken heart mended.

We are told the procedure will take four to five hours.
They will first find the accessory pathway, then repair it.
B's doctor reports great success. I have faith in him and the hospital.
However, we have the added complication of HHT. The unknown.
The likelihood of having to use a blood thinner is 50% depending on which side of the heart the problem lies.  That means the risk of a bleed in his brain is lower. 
The Neurologist gave his approval. 

I have never been more afraid in my entire life.

Fear makes you to do lots of things.
You reassess and reevaluate.  You question everything. You prioritize.
You take stalk of where you are, where you are going and who is coming for the ride.
You make choices in the best interest of you and yours.
Choices that not everyone will understand or respect.
I am making peace with that.

I am going to put my blog to bed for the week.
I am going to focus on whats truly important to me.
My family of five.  Our health and happiness.
The future.



No comments:

Post a Comment