Wednesday 16 November 2011

Crafty me

I have been hanging out in the right side of my brain more and more lately; exploring my creative side. My left, logical side, is on strike.  I have always enjoyed crafting but never really set aside much time for it. When I am making something I don't have to think beyond what's in my hand and the next step. There are not going to be any repercussions or consequences of my actions. If I make a mistake or get frustrated, I can stop and try again later.  It took four attempts to crochet my first hat.

Last Saturday I participated in a local Christmas Bazaar - as a vendor. 

 BLACKberry Fields display
West Guilford Community Centre, Christmas Bazaar
.
Talk about stepping out of my comfort zone.  Though I have received positive feedback, from my friends and family about our preserves and my "Tied by Me" fleece blankets, it's completely different to put myself out there for the public to see and critique.  Add the fact that I have regular seizures, that are  induced by sensory stimulation.  Seizures that literally leave me speachless.  Thankfully my Grandma was willing and able to come sit by me through out the day, just in case.  (She also taught me a new crochet stitch :)

The bazaar was a success.  I sold many preserves and blankets.  Took orders for Christmas gifts.  Got ideas for new projects. Talked to many people without stumbling with my words. Most important, I gained the confidence to do it again in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment