Wednesday 2 May 2012

State of Happiness

There is one thing I know to be true.
I am responsible for my own happiness.
When I look externally I will be disappointed.
The decisions I make will determine my state of mind.

My happiness is internal.
I really don't have to look very deep to find it.
I just have to surrender to it.
Let go of the past.
Make peace with the present.


My happiness begins with John.
It always has and always will.
The home we have created together.
The hard choices we have made.
The amazing children we share.


My happiness lies in the garden, deep in the soil, amongst the flowers.
It is inside our home, in the kitchen mixed with the ingredients of a new recipe.
It's lost in the pages of a good book. Inside my imagination.
It is at my fingertips when I dream, create and make.
It is with my friends who help me remain authentic and sane.

Happiness is here, under the surface.
Somedays it's just harder to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment