Saturday 3 November 2012

Before we go any further...



Everything I write belongs to me.
I own it.
Whether it be my thoughts, feelings, perspective, my opinion or other wise, it is my reality.
It's not open for debate.
It's my story.
How you interrupt my words it is up to you.
How it makes you feel isn't about me.
It's about you.
Your story.
Your feelings.
If something I have written makes you uncomfortable, ask yourself why.
I don't write to hurt others.
I write to give a voice to my truth.
It is my outlet.
More and more often I find myself censoring my words.
I feel like I can't be authentic in my own space.
Today that stops.
I have acknowledged repeatedly on this blog and in person how grateful I am to those who have loved and supported us this past couple of years.
Many relationships and friendships have forged and solidified.  We are very fortunate indeed.
To have people question my gratitude is annoying in the very least.
Disappointing and yet very predictable at best.
If we haven't accepted every offer of support and help there is a reason.
Don't question it. Don't try to make me feel ungrateful.
I know who I am, what I need and when I need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment