Tuesday 9 October 2012

If you love me...

If you love me...
  • See beyond the humor and sarcasm.
  • Be kind to me.  I'm very sensitive.
  • Listen to me even when I am hard to understand.  I'm still intelligent.
  • Don't assume anything.  You really have no idea unless you are also Monster fighting.
  • Please don't compare your experience with mine.  This is like nothing you have ever experienced and it can not be compared to other diseases or disorders.  When you do that it devalues your experience and mine. (I may be repeating myself)
  • Know that I am not a text book case study.  Nothing that you have read is even remotely close.  I am real.  My journey is unique to me.
  • Don't pretend you understand when you don't.  Ask me questions.
  • Be patient.  I can tell when you are not and it hurts my feelings.
  • Respect my choices even when you don't agree with them. 
  • Support me without conditions or a timeline.
  • Love me even when I am not very lovable.
  • Be my friend and remember I can still be yours. 
  • Acknowledge I have limitations but I try very hard.  Everyday.
  • Remember who I once was.  I do.
  • Respect who I am now.
  • Note I am trying.
I in return will...
  • Try harder.
  • Be a good friend.  I can still listen. 
  • Be patient and respectful of your feelings.
  • Try and control my frustration and anger.
  • Try extra hard to think before I speak (or type).
  • Recognize this is scary and challenging for you too.
  • Acknowledge you are doing your best.
  • Love you back.


No comments:

Post a Comment